Liturgy is celebrated three days per week. We also come together as a community to celebrate:
- All-school Liturgies - including the Mass of the Holy Spirit, which inaugurates the school year, and the Bishop's Holy Week Liturgy, where we fix our hearts and minds on the last week of Jesus' life on this earth, and examine our role in acting for a right and just world.
- Prayer Services - including the Thanksgiving Interfaith Prayer Service, where we gather to give thanks to God for our many blessings, including the diversity of faiths represented by the students and faculty.
- Magis Masses - smaller gatherings of co-curricular groups, planned primarily by students.
- Feast of St. Robert Bellarmine Masses - hosted by a different academic department each year, these Masses bring students together to honor our school's patron saint.
- Baccalaureate Mass - seniors come together with families, faculty, and staff for the Baccalaureate Liturgy prior to graduation.
Students are invited to serve as a Eucharistic Minister, lector, or altar server, share his musical talents by singing in the choir or playing an instrument, and/or share a reflection during a Liturgy or prayer service.
During the seasons of Advent and Lent, students are given the opportunity through Religious Studies classes to participate in a communal prayer service in the Leontyne Chapel. This affords students time to privately reflect, make an examination of conscience, and celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
Seniors who have not arranged for Confirmation through their local parishes may complete their preparation at Bellarmine through the Religious Studies department. A special Confirmation ceremony is planned in cooperation with the Diocese of San Jose.